Monday, July 27, 2009

The Walks Are Short in a Small Town

You want to talk small towns? Welcome to East Tawas.

Tracey and I checked out "downtown" yesterday. It stretches along Newman Street from US-23 all the way to State Street. If you don't have a map handy, that's two blocks. There area nifty shops there. I foresee a couple more trips to the Choclatier while we're here, that's for sure. We tried chocolate covered orange slices that made me want to kiss whom ever made them full on the mouth with tongue. We also ate at Mulligan's Irish Pub and enjoyed some of the best corned beef we've ever had the pleasure of masticating. I won't even tell you what I wanted to do the person who made our sandwiches there. I was also very pleased to get a Harp at Mulligan's. I assumed Budweiser and PBR was the extent of beer selection in a two-block downtown. I was wrong.

Before heading downtown, we took Ruffino for walk around the neighborhood. He made sure to walk through every mud puddle along the way. I assume he was conducting a survey of the depth and sediment content of the puddles in this area. I'll be interested to read his findings.

Tracey noticed that there were many cottages for sale while on our walk, so that put the idea in her head that we should get one. It appears that the housing market is doing OK up here, by the way. She found a listing for a 3000 sqf house sitting on 135 acres for $999,000. I'll bet we could get it for $996,500. If not, she also found a one bedroom, zero bath or about $15,000. You read that correctly, there is no bathroom. It made no mention of an outhouse, either, so I guess you go in a bucket or just hang ass out a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment